Team Of Talents
In order to meet the requirements expressed in its development strategy, the Shougang Group promotes the building of its management team, professional team and operator team (‘3 teams’) in all aspects. More specifically, the Group has built work and business startup platforms for the growth and development of various talents, opened ‘green channels’ for career development and perfected its incentive mechanisms. The adjustment of the talent structure and optimization of human resources allocation provide a talent guarantee for the transformation of the Shougang Group.
1. A comprehensive ‘green channel’ for the growth of the 3 teams has been opened in line with the strategic requirements for the transformation of the Shougang Group so as to provide a wider development space for various talents. In this process, unique post-based quality requirements have been made clear, and an HR development system that covers qualifications, training & development, examinations & promotions and compensation packages has taken shape. This action aims to realize the co-development of the Group and the staff through an organic combination of individuals with the Group’s development goals.
2. A ‘green channel’ for the promotion of the members of the 3 teams has been opened to provide a platform in which employees with willingness and competence can put their abilities to good use. Every employee has the option to select their own growth path. This further motivates the enthusiasm of the staff for assiduous learning and bold innovation based on their own jobs, and has improved the quality of the 3 teams in all aspects. This action aims to motivate various talents to make contributions to the transformation of the Shougang Group through an organic combination of the employees’ ideals with actual work.
3. A compensation system oriented to knowledge, ability and performance, as well as effective incentive mechanisms, has been established in conjunction with the building of the 3 teams. Measures for performance examination have been developed and improved in a scientific way. Instead of only considering educational backgrounds, titles, seniorities or identities, these measures place emphasis on actual performance and contributions. Performance examinations aim to acquaint the employees with their positions in the post structure and objects of endeavor, and further motivate their enthusiasm for labor, business startup, self-transcendence and the pursuit of excellence.
4. In consideration of their nature and characteristics, the Group’s posts have been divided into 3 categories: management, professional and operation. The management posts are subject to duty-rank integrated management. For this, an internal duty-rank system ranging from L1 to L9 has been established. For the professional posts, channels for promotion and career development have been opened up in the following types: HQ technical expert, senior engineer in charge, engineer in charge, chief engineer, executive and assistant. For the operation posts, channels for promotion and career development have been opened up in the following types: HQ operation expert, plant operation expert, senior technician, technician, senior worker, intermediate worker and primary worker. Featuring ‘longitudinal promotion and horizontal connectivity’, the 3 channels aim to realize the optimized allocation of human resources and promote the all-round development of the staff.
5. Performance examinations are organized for all employees, and the examination results are divided into 5 levels (excellent, good, acceptable, basically acceptable and unacceptable) and geared towards evaluation, appointment, promotion and rank salary raise. An employee who achieves ‘excellent’ performance in the annual examinations can be given priority for promotion. An employee who achieves ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ performance in the annual examinations can be given priority for rank salary raise
6. Classified trainings are enhanced. For the operation posts, more attention is paid to training focused on improving operation levels. For the professional posts, more attention is paid to training focused on improving modern enterprise management and innovation abilities. For the management posts, more attention is paid to training focused on improving the policy making abilities and comprehensive abilities of the leaders. The enhanced training of the 3 teams aims to improve the overall quality of the staff and enable various talents to develop in the ‘green channels’.